Ski Backcountry with Jackie Paaso
Learn and improve your backcountry skiing with one of the top female freeriders.
Calling all rad ski/snowboard women and ski/snowboard moms! Let’s get together for a backcountry weekend of fun.
You will recognise Jackie from her amazing ski films; Here Hold my Kid, Evolution of Dreams and Artic 12. As well as her endless podium finishes and awe-inspiring lines on the Freeride World Tour. Jackie has a remarkable talent for Freeriding and is excited to share her backcountry and ski knowledge with you.
Check out the trailer for Jackies newest film with Elyse Saugstad “Here, Hold My Kid”
What’s the plan?
Whether it is your first time in the backcountry or you’re a seasoned pro, we’re going to bring amazing women together for an awesome 3 day backcountry weekend. During the weekend you will learn or improve:
- Backcountry Safety & Avalanche rescue drills
- Learn to ski tour or improve your touring technique. (First time ski tourers welcome but a good level of fitness is required.)
- Manage conditions and how to ski variable conditions.
- Line choice. Learn how to choose a line down to suit your style
- Learn tools to overcome fear, manage stress and pressure. Rachel will be leading morning meditations to help set your mindset.
- Develop decision making skills while out in the backcountry.
- Channel into your intuition to help keep you safe.
- Feel the support of a like-minded community of women.
- Swap stories of what ex-boyfriends have said to you “you’re too slow, I’m not skiing with you again.” “I guess I’m just stronger than you”. We’ve all heard it. See yah later guys! We’re ripping now!!!
What skill level is required and who will be there?
Don’t worry we won’t be following Jackie off any crazy cliffs (unless you want to) but what better opportunity to learn or improve your backcountry skills than with Jackie Paaso. Our group has max 10 spots and we will have amazing certified guide(s) with us to keep us safe and help improve our safety knowledge while out touring. We always get asked “am I good enough to come on the trip?” If you are a good skier, have a good level of fitness and a stoked attitude then the answer is yes. There is a way down for everyone. No one will hold anyone up and no one will be waiting, we’re enjoying the weekend together.
- 3 days action packed backcountry skiing with Freeride legend Jackie Paaso
- Certified guide to keep us safe
- Avalanche rescue drills
- Packed lunches & snacks.
- Transport to and from accommodation to ski site if needed.
- Dinner on the Friday night. Does not include alcohol. Alcohol will be available for purchase.
- Ski movie premier of Jackies new awesomely hilarious ski film “Here, Hold My Kid”
*not included; flights, accommodation (we have recommendations for you), insurance, ski equipment.
What equipment do I need?
- Ski touring set up – ski touring skis w touring bindings, skins.
- Backpack. Large enough to fit all your equipment
- 2L water bottle/camel pack. We will be out all day, please do not show up with a small bottle of water.
- Sun cream
- Stoked attitude ????
If you need equipment, please let us know and we will help you find equipment.
Early Bird Special Dec 15 2023 for price of $2,000pp. Price after Dec 15 2023 is $2,500pp. For more information please contact Rachel Findler at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on +447710566530.
Can’t make this trip? Check out our other upcoming trips.
What are you waiting for?
Get in Touch